Douthit Frets Rouse Gentile & Rhodes, LLC Construction Law practice group has represented virtually every type of commercial, industrial, and residential construction project in all segments of the industry:
- Owners and developers
- Architects and engineers
- Contractors, subcontractors
Our range of experience includes:
- The front end of a project: Contracts, insurance, bonds, etc.
- Management of risks and claims during the project
- Payment issues: Mechanic’s liens, bond claims, etc.
- Dispute resolution: Mediation, arbitration, litigation
Our Construction Law practice group represents clients in state and federal courts and before arbitration panels. In addition, we frequently serve as arbitrators and mediators in a variety of construction and commercial matters. Members of our practice group have also authored or edited leading publications on construction law and are frequent speakers at industry meetings:
- State-By-State Guide to Construction Contracts and Claims (Second Edition and Supplements), 2009-20014 (Kansas law)
- Prompt Payment Acts: Missouri and Federal, Missouri Bar CLE Deskbook, 2009
- ConsensusDOCS 240: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You, 30 The Construction Lawyer 21, 2010
- 2007 AIA Contract Documents, Lorman Education Services, 2008
- Design Professional and Construction Manager Law, ABA Construction Forum, 2007
- Fundamentals in Construction Law, American Bar Association, 2006
- OSHA Issues, Kansas City Missouri Home Builders Association, 2005
- The Betterment or Added First Benefit Defense, ABA Construction Forum Meeting, 2005
- Prompt Payment Acts: Federal and Missouri, Author, Missouri Construction Law, The Missouri Bar, 2004
- Speaker: Mold: What’s the Big Deal? 2003
- Speaker: Changes in Contracts and Differing Site Claims, National Business Institute, Inc., 2002
- Scope of Typical Clauses, Construction Change Order Claims, Wiley Law Publications, 1994
Contact us today to learn more about how our Construction Law practice group can help your business.